Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since our Heart Rat Fry passed, we kept two of her daughters. We named them EDI (Ee-dee) and Tali. (Any Bioware Fans out there? :) )

This picture is of them as babies, five weeks old, right as they had been separated from their three sisters who went to a loving forever home. They're dashedly hard to get pictures of, so I have none since then, except the one where Tali is a bit blurry. They're both masked, one's silver blue (is that American Blue) and one's sort of silver khaki. They are now almost three months old.

The rat in the profile picture is Jack! Jackjack doesn't EXACTLY belong to me, as he is one of the four boys that make up our mischief in the fifth grade. However, he is the original ratty that convinced me to buy my own rats and embark on this furry, adorable life journey. The other boys are Loki (Cream masked dumbo, though he just looks white in the pic), Thor (sort of cinnamon khaki color with a white tummy, seen here on a student's shoulder) and Moose! (Khaki hooded, snuggling with Jack).

Cage Animal shelter Rat Rodent Muroidea Rat Muridae Rodent Gerbil Muroidea Rat Mouse Muridae Rodent Hamster Vertebrate Rat Mammal Muridae Skin

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are all beautiful!
I love the idea to keep pet rats at school. I don't think school pets are a thing here in Germany though...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a grant to buy class pets--in 12 years of teaching, I have never had a class pet before. However, they've really wiggled their way into many hearts at the school, and they're by far the most popular pets on campus. (Every other class has fish or geckos or gerbils or hamsters or birds. None of which enjoy a good cuddle like our boys!)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops, double posted accidentally

·
Registered
358 Posts
BABIES....oh they are all so cute. How old is Loki in that pic? (We had a Loki too, wasn't allowed to name his cage mate Thor though) He's got the face of a baby but seems bigger, or is he on a student?

The boyfriend has strict naming rules, two syllables and no character names. But I got to name my black dumbo Mako... which is rumored to make a return in ME4. ;) You're an awesome teacher.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loki is about five weeks old in that pic. He's so much bigger now! And Loki is an awesome name for a rat. I was so happy when my class picked the name, though it suits his very sweet, mellow personality not a bit, hah!

Mako is a great name. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts