Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, today when I woke up... it was kind of spooky. Both of my girls , panda and justice, were sleeping next to me ... on my other pillow.
They had broken out of their cage, bitten the plastic bottom 8O
It was cute though, but man if i had rolled over them or something.
Second time theyve gone out of the cage and come sleep with me :>
Nothing was broken in my room, only the foods had been turned over on the floor... and there was this smelly piece of cloth from their cage with them in my bed :D

Just wanted to share, and ask has anyone elses ratties done anything like this?
:D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I've forgotten to put Ben (my unsociable hairless) away at night a couple of times. He usually comes out of his cage (by the sofa) climbs up the shelves next to his cage and sleeps for hours in his build-a-bear house. So it's quite easy to give him his night-night treat while he's in his box, get distracted and forget (luckily he's a very good rat and doesn't go wandering or cause trouble)

Anyways, I sleep on the sofa bed - so right by his cage - and if I forget he's away I get a 'friendly' Ben climbing over my head, scratching my face as he climbs over me at 2am LOL I sh** myself the first time.

Luckily it doesn't happen often - once or twice in 2 years isn't bad. o_O

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha ration!
I was quite freaked out today, since the first thing you see is a massive fat brown thing on your other pillow, and then something white moves and stares at you :D almost fell off the bed. Also.. I woke up to the pee'ed up piece of cloth :<. The first time was more freaky tho.. they were tickling my nose with their furs and i thought it was a spider *is scared and petrified by spiders* :>

·
Registered
411 Posts
That's so sweet that they broke out only to sleep with you!

I couldn't find Pookie this morning after playtime so I left the room for a while (with the door closed, else she'd go roaming the house). After 15 min. I returned and found her hanging on the side of the cage, trying to get back in! Turned out she had to poop really bad (she's super litter trained).

·
Registered
97 Posts
OMGosh........ **snicker snicker snicker** :lol: I hope mine never get out as we have kitties that might like a late night snack!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe, well we do have a maniac dog who would be more than happy to eat couple ratties *shiver* luckily my room, where the ratties are, has a door, which is closed... and my rats cant open that.. yet :D

I wish my girls would start using their toilet.. but noo, they like to poop around it ... better than nothing i guess! :D

I'm just worried of pregnancies.. since I also have 5 boys.. in the same room. They dont gnaw on the bottom tho, nor can they open the cage doors like the girls do. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
:D Well, girls are smarter, aren't they! HA HA HA HA LOL :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I received my first midnight surprise last night. I swear I counted six girls in their cage before I went to bed last night, but several hours later I had a rat snuggling up and saying hi. Of course, in the way of girls she said hi, then was off again adventuring around the house... I wasn't too surprised, I have four cats, and two of them are bed cats, so I am long used to watching out for animals in the middle of the night. Still don't know how she got out of the cage, every door was safety pinned closed.

Pink

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was really tired after getting home but wanted to give Noah attn. I fell asleep and woke up with him on my head. When he noticed I was awake he stated to clean the inside of my nose. I hate that. Does anyone else have a rat that tries to clean in their nose?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep. My baby, Tucka, loves to try to dig in there as far as she can. I don't find it that bad but it sure does TICKLE!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I sleep in on weekends, and my wife gives the guys their out time sometimes when I am asleep. Well... Camel found his way into the bedroom, and of all the places that he could have gone (it's NOT ratproofed since we don't let them in there) he jumped on the bed and tried to wake me up by crawling right across my forehead and then sniffing my ear. I was like.... WTF!

It is things like this that cement the fact that rats are just as smart as other house pets. They are drawn to their owners, sleeping or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts