Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ello people. New to the forum and have to make 3 posts to be able to post in the main forum so this is just a formality! My names Tom, and I currently have 1 lovely male rat =]

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I see you only have one rat... Do you have any plans to get him a friend? Or do you spend a lot of time with him? Also, I hope you plan to post some pictures of your boy for us all to see his pretty self! XDD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers =] While we spend a lot of time with him we are planning on getting him a friend which is our reason for joining this forum. I've been finding it difficult getting any sort of reliable information online so thought I'd ask you lot instead!

Basically we decided to spoil Merv by getting him a massive new cage. We then thought, with it being so big is could house another couple of rats easily. We were thinking of getting 2 girls to go with him (he's neutered). Is this likely to cause any problems? Do neutered males generally get on ok with a couple of females? The females will have been raised together so hoping there won't be any problems between the 2 of them.

All the best,

Tom

·
Registered
581 Posts
From what I've heard, neutered males tend to go with females better than other males. Of course, this is dependent on your male as well as the pair of females. But, I do think it would most defjnitely be worth a try. Most rats will eventually get along with others in the end. Hopefully it'll go well for you if you do get the two females. :3

I would also look around the forum at the stickies at the top. There is one on introductions for new rats as well as lookin atthe Carrier Method. (Stickies are found at the top of each different section of the forums. ^-^)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts