Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name's Kazzy, I'm 17 years old (18 in April...yay!) and in Tennessee. I'm a big animal fanatic, especially when it comes to reptiles. I work at an exotics pet store called X-Treme pets. I just bought two rats from there. Sadly, they would have been fed to snakes that won't eat frozen/thawed rats. Luckily I'm there and I'm starting to switch everyone over to frozen, as it's more humane for the rats/mice and safer for the snakes. I fell in love with these two rats the day they came in in the shipment. I've always wanted rats, knowing they are WAY more social and intelligent than hamsters and gerbils...and I used to breed hamsters when I was younger, they are evil...But, I bought the rats, and they are in a 20 gallon tank for now until the store gets in some ferret cages so I can get a nice one for them. I want them to have tons of play room. I don't have pics yet, just got them yesterday and they are still at the store (parents don't exactly know yet, but most likely they will be able to stay with a close friend who also has rats for a while until I can bring them home), but one is large, male I think, white with gray blotches and a gray face. The other is smaller, don't know the sex (didn't check), all white except for a few tan spots on his/her head. I also think the gray and white one may be a dumbo...why dumbos are sold as feeders I do not know...I'll let you guys be the judge of that. They'll have names soon, going to go to work soon and see them and name them. I'll see if I can get pics while I'm there. Alright, that's all! I can post pics later of my other critters as well (bearded dragon, tegu, 5 leopard geckos, and 2 crested geckos). Bye bye for now!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome, Kazzy... congrats on your new rats! Be careful if the other one is a girl- you'll need to get one of them spayed or neutered if they're going to be in the same cage together.

·
Registered
343 Posts
[align=center]Welcome! Rats breed very quick, often, and litters can be large. So I would figure out if the other is a female ASAP. :wink: [/align]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts