Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three rats. I started off with two who took to each other well. I got a third to add to the family. She's a few weeks younger than the other two and is still learning her way (but amazingly enough, she took to the litter tray quickly). Our oldest, who is just over 2 months old, often will hang out in a different part of the cage. She doesn't make any noise, but we call her emo rat because it looks like a teenage girl sulking in her room.

The oldest will join the other rats for play, and she's been curled up with the other two rats from time to time, but many times she sleeps by herself or even just hangs around doing nothing. Is that normal behavior for a rat? I know rats have varied personalities just like humans. Does she just have her introvert moments where she recharges by being alone?

But she does love human company. Many times, she'll come to the bars just to greet us when we enter the room. I wonder if she prefers the company of humans to rats?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't think it's anything to worry about. One of my boys often acts like this too. I guess it's just a certain personality type. :) My boy who does this is the boss, is she the boss?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's anything to worry about. One of my boys often acts like this too. I guess it's just a certain personality type. :) My boy who does this is the boss, is she the boss?
Yeah, she pretty much is. The second one gives as well as she gets, but she's only a week younger. In fact, I think she's getting bigger than the boss. That could be interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts