Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my two girls still seem good, Serena still sleeps more than Bella, but other wise seems active and healthy. However when I had them out playing today I noticed that one of Serena's eyes seemed a lil bigger than the other. She wiggles a lot so it's hard to tell, but it really does look like its popping out a little more than the other one. Kinda creeped me out a little. No sneezing, none of that red stuff, nothing else out of the ordinary. It's not terrible, just a lil and it has a little scratch by it. What does it mean to have an odd eyed rat?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
An odd-eyed rat has eyes of two different colors. This can mean black/pink, black/ruby, ruby/pink, etc.

Bulging eyes can come from a variety of sources. First is something rats do out of joy, popping their eyes rapidly in and out. However, this doesn't sound like that.

A bulging eye on only one side of the head can indicate many things. Glaucoma, tumors, abscesses, corneal abrasion...

Check www.ratguide.com, they have pictures for some.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the link, as always you are a good source for answers :) Like the other guy in another post said, I love to read your posts, your so well informed. ^ ^ Well then, I bet it is an abrasion as she and her sister have been tussling a lot lately and I feel kinda silly for not thinking it might be that before posting. Something else for the vet to look at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts