Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 lil brothers and have had them for some months now, with Jack being the more boisterous and George being slightly shyer. I noticed that when I get them out of the cage to play, George pees on me CONSTANTLY! I know boys scent owners sometimes and Jack has done it occasionally, but really George does it all the time. It's like he walks over me peeing! :? It doesnt seem like he's scared... Any ideas?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just like a constant trickle... I thought maybe he had problems controlling it but I haven't seen any other signs of this

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Perhaps it's just him.

I know from experience with my lot - some boys mark almost insignificantly and some just walk around marking EVERYTHING.

Is he neutered? I think I've heard that neutering boys can help with this behaviour

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have three girls, and one of them, Whimsy, marks me a lot (especially my hands. They are for her skritching and not for her sisters.) I've heard it said that it's part of how rats know where they are. They mark their home, and their family (other rats, you, etc.) so that they can know where they are--that they are safe. I think it's normal, it just might be a bit excessive with your boy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts