1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ahh! Adorable!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
These are the halfies, correct? Have you decided to keep the whole litter? They're cute little boogers! I'm excited to see their growth and personalitys!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, their halfsies and yep we decided to keep the whole crew. Unless my oldest daughter is able to take a couple of the boys. She's in college and all that jazz, so it will depend on how settled down she gets. She won't be living on campus so that isn't an issue.

We got the girls a dcn, with 4 baby girls that will 7 girls in there. Then we, if Beth doesnt take any, we shall have 8 boys. They are going to be in the girls old cage (parrot cage, the size of a single cn) till they are big enough to go into the large ferret cage we have or we decide as they get closer to full size that isnt' going to work and we need another dcn. The quality cage is this one http://qualitycage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=944 but we have it coated black instead of white, I always think it's hard to see animals behind a white cage.

Between my husband, myself and my 17 year old daughter the babies are almost only with Goose now when she's feeding them. So they are getting a whole lot of hands on. Hoping with all the attention that they will be really bonded to us. We've been making soy infant formula and offering that to help out Goose. Mostly just Goose loves that tho. :) Goose will grab our fingers as soon as she realized we have it and lick em clean and look for the bowl she knows we have.

They are just starting to really wander about. They seem to be driving Goose crazy, she's constantly trying to keep them stacked where she thinks they should be. Her piles of substrate walls are not doing the greatest job of holding back her little horde any more.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Adorable! Mine just opened their eyes today! They sure do wander alot huh? They won't sit still unless they are alseep lol. It drives my momma crazy too. They kept crawling up different levels which annoyed her so she finally moved them all to the bottom of the cage where they hopefully will stay for a bit. lol

I wish I could keep all mine you are lucky. And will have your hands so full!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I wish I had some babies too!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Once those eyes start going all heck breaks loose! XD your Goose seems like a better mama then our Darjeeling. She only cared if she wanted to clean them, otherwise they could be climbing the walls and she'd not pay them any mind.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
They are adorable!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Eeeeee!! Cuteness overload!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya poor lady is getting worn out. On the good side, she seems more than happy for us to come scoop some up now. Prior to today if she saw you grab one she'd run over and take it out of your hand and put it back where they belong! Now, she just sniffs em and walks away, like what a relief to get some help with these monsters.

She still doesn't allow anyone going up the ramps onto new levels. Anyone caught is literally thrown with gusto back into the bottom. There will be no climbing ramps, no climbing bars, no wandering of other shelves. I think she may be a little ocd about keeping them grouped in one corner of the bottom of the cage. I think this upcoming week is where she may loose the battle.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Yep, Lilly did the same only she had three which was a bit more manageable!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts