Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone belong to this group? I see a lot of drama and fighting there. Getting ready to leave group. I belong to lots of groups but this group is unreal. Post a pic of your rat and all everyone does is belittle you on how your cage isn't arranged correctly! BTW if you're a supporting member of this group, please don't respond, I won't respond back. Just wanted to see if anyone out there has noticed what I have about this group. Thanks!

Mommy to Stuart and Alvin, 9 weeks old

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm a member...may not be staying for much longer if the admins don't get it together, haha. As far as drama goes expect it in every group, pet owners are pretentious and think they know better than everyone. If someone says something rude about my rats or their living situation I politely inform them that their opinion doesn't matter. I take great care of my girls and know it. I don't jump down peoples throats for asking questions if they have concerns about my rats or there is a misunderstanding, but I will report overly rude remarks. I stay to educate people, share stories, and look at cute cage set ups. =] There isn't a rat group I know of that everyone gets along and is polite.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Facebook pet groups are generally horrible, to be honest. I've basically been told I was cruel for not filling my guinea pigs cages with hay. Literally fill. And this was by someone who had no issue with keeping guinea pigs alone. (Guinea pigs are much like rats in social aspects.) I have thought about joining some rat ones but I just hate being around so much drama and ick.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
I've heard a lot of negative talk about the popular Facebook groups, but I'm not a member of any of them, personally.

Just a reminder to not to name and shame too much on here.... talking about others behind their backs isn't exactly taking the moral high road, either.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not to name and shame, but praise this time. I belong to only one FB group: "Rat rehoming and transportation." It is mostly adds for adoption, fostering, and transportation help. No drama there. If you want to help someone and/or some ratties, follow this group, and you may get a chance when someone in your area needs help. There are mostly folks from US, also a few from Canada and UK.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Not to name and shame, but praise this time. I belong to only one FB group: "Rat rehoming and transportation." It is mostly adds for adoption, fostering, and transportation help. No drama there. If you want to help someone and/or some ratties, follow this group, and you may get a chance when someone in your area needs help. There are mostly folks from US, also a few from Canada and UK.
Hey glad to see you're a member! I'm an admin on that group and yeah we don't allow any posts that aren't related to rat Rehoming and transportation really for that reason. Off topic posts just aren't necessary and don't really contribute to rehoming and transportation.

·
Registered
601 Posts
No, I tend to steer clear of "fan" groups on facebook, for the aforementioned reasons. I do have a lot of pages on my "likes" list though, mostly for rescues and fan pages. Those tend to be much happier places. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.