Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i brought 3 rats over the weekend (so cute) right now they are in my old rats cage, i want to change it but with so many different rat cages out there i was wondering what was every ones fav cage for their rats & their rats fav toys?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My favorite cage would be the one I have now, which is a recontructed and re-painted double ferret nation with hardware cloth around it because of the bar spacing. It's super easy to clean, and there are endless layout options when it comes to putting toys, hammocks, and hideouts in it. I change mine around everytime I clean the cage to keep my ratties entertained.

My rat's favorite toy would probably have to be paper towel or toilet paper rolls and tissue boxes. They love tearing into them and sleeping in the tissue box. It's an absolute favorite and never gets old, even with my oldest rats. =P

·
Registered
624 Posts
My rat's favorite toy would probably have to be paper towel or toilet paper rolls and tissue boxes. They love tearing into them and sleeping in the tissue box. It's an absolute favorite and never gets old, even with my oldest rats. =P
I totally agree! My boys LOVE Tissue boxes. ^_^ My ratties like to pull the tissues out and nest with them.

Here's what I came home to from work today!

neil boy.jpg

Double Critter Nation is where it's at. (I have an All Living things Double Level Unit. Can't get a CN in Canada, but this is pretty much the same thing and it's awesome!)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
CN best cage ever. But it's kinda expensive. My rat love fissures and and thin paper that crinkles. All I here when I come home is the would of crinkling

·
Registered
350 Posts
Double critter nation by far because it really gives them the space to bound around while in the cage. I always feed at the bottom because they look so funny rushing up to the top level and back stashing the nuggets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
double critter nation, are they easy to keep clean? All my cages get cleaned out ever other day except on sundays (my day off) what else can i do to keep the cages clean? ( can't use detergents or other cleaning products)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm a Martin's girl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts