Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everybody's rats like to eat around here?

Here are some of my guys' favorites. Some of these count as "food," but most of them are "treats."

* Rice Pudding or Bread Pudding
* Noodles, especially Macaroni and Cheese
* Chocolate covered sunflower seeds
* Corn on the cob
* Tiny bits of pizza...they eat the cheese off of it
* Watermelon
* Frozen corn, in hot weather
* Scrambled "Eggy"

They will also sometimes eat Hard-Boiled "Eggy," but only if I'm eating it in front of them. I cut it up on a plate, and take them out. They watch me eat it, and I tell them, "You can't have my Eggy. This is mommy's Eggy." Then, when I'm "not looking," they steal some off of the plate. I guess Hard Boiled Eggy is only good if it belongs to someone else! :lol:

So, what are your kids' favorites?

·
Registered
238 Posts
My girls like:
*baby food veggies and dinners
*baby cereal
*yoggies are a fave!
*banana bits
*innova dog bites
*spiral pasta
*cheese and meat pizza
*whatever I have for breakfast

When I feed them out of the cage, I have to make the bites really small so they don't run off and store it...

·
Registered
443 Posts
~YOGGIES!
~peas
~apples
~cherry tomatoes
~pasta (uncooked)
~rice crispies/cheerios
~ice cream
~sunflower seeds

They basically like whatever I happen to be eating. And of course they know I’m a sucker and I can’t eat in front of them without sharing a bite. :lol:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have to give tomatoes a try...see how they like it! :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine luuurrve

~ Watermelon!
~ Yoghurt
~ Quaker Harvest Crunch Honey Nut
~ Cherry Tomatoes
~ Sunflower seeds
~ Banana baby food
~ Anything cheesy (though I don't ever give them much)
~ Hard-boiled egg (yolk only)
~ Fries
~ Any meat (especially chicken and ham)
Not neccessarily in that order! :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Veggies:
Peas, corn, broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, kale, celery

Fruits:
Apples, bananas, plums, peaches, grapes,

veggie/fruit:
tomatoes! :p

Treats:
Dark Chocolate, granola/trail mix/ banana chips, holistic dog biscuits, anything I'm eating.

Sydney is hilarious with steamed rice. He is a gatherer, he tries to gather up as much food in his arms and mouth and run from his food dish to an approved hiding spot and munch his yummies there. It's the best with rice because he can make a rice ball that sticks together and he almost rolls it away. :D Sylvester just sits right at the food dish and eats, Stanley is nervous about eating around others and usually runs around the permiter of the cage with food in his mouth eating every few seconds when he stops to look around. Igor lives alone still so he just eats where ever.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My girls love peanuts! I get plain organic peanuts still in the shell, and the girls love breaking them open to get the nuts inside :D I might try walnuts or something next.

Yogies of course are loved my almost all of my rats (Kismet really is the only one who doesn't care for them much - she'll take a couple bites and then leave it for someone else to find)

Oatmeal is a huge hit. They love it plain, but sometimes I mix in a bit of peanut butter or yogurt for an added treat ^_^

I tend to give them a bit of whatever I'm eating for dinner, so they've sampled a wide variety of foods! Steak is loved by all, as well as shrimp, and pretty much anything with noodles. Mashed potatoes and baked potatoes (plain) are also enjoyed ^_^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts