Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here get sweet-talked to feeding their rats in "bed?"

Gus' latest thing is, ever since the weather started getting colder here, he wants to stay in his warm, cozy hammock. However, from time to time, I show up with a bowl of something that smells appetizing.

So, he lifts his head, gives me the "I love you SO MUCH" look, and hopes that I'll bring the bowl over to him, so he can "sample" it for awhile, before it is placed where it is actually supposed to go.

And the unbelievable thing is that I'm going along with this...I must be crazy!

Boo likes to lick whipped cream off of my finger. NOT out of the bowl...off of my finger.

·
Registered
421 Posts
He's comfy, can ya blame him. :) I gave mine some whipped cream last night after dinner, there was a tug of war, rats won, my left hand and fingers, defeted! They loved it

·
Registered
527 Posts
haha, yep.
i do it all the time, because they just look so cute and sleepy in their nest. who am i to make them go downstairs to eat from the food dish?! xD

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
you're not crazy :) it's sweet. I don't seem to have that problem. When my ratties smell food they wake up instantly and clamor over first dibs. I still don't understand why they try to steal the first treat from the lucky rattie when i'm standing there with a whole handful lol!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"who am i to make them go downstairs to eat from the food dish?!"

What I'd like to know is, who is anybody to make ~ME~ get out of bed in the freezing cold night, and walk down the hall to the kitchen to get a snack?!?

:lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
MopyDream44 said:
you're not crazy :)I still don't understand why they try to steal the first treat from the lucky rattie when i'm standing there with a whole handful lol!
You really don't know the answer to that? It's clearly because the first treat plucked from the dish is the best one. Otherwise the 'lucky rattie' would not have chosen it. So it stands to reason that being the best treat everyone will want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts