Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I suppose I can't call them new anymore, but those of you following my updates know I was struggling to bond with Nibbler and Stitch, especially Nibbler. Stitch has become calmer and now loves snuggles in my shirt, but my insane rocket rat Nibbler wouldn't act like I even existed. I've asked for advice, and it seems to be working. For the first time ever, I felt like Nibbler was playing with me instead of on me. She sat eating treats on my lap after playing, and even gave me a bit of rodentistry. For the first time, I felt like I really love her the same as I love my other rats. Instead of just writing her off as the psycho rat, I looked at her and saw my beautiful, clever girl. I think we've finally reached the start of a beautiful friendship.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Absolutely, the rat human bond works both ways. It's not just your rat bonding with you, it's you bonding with her at the same time, and yes it sounds like you are on your way to a beautiful friendship.

Great job!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah I think I had to start actually really loving them before this could work. I started to understand they're not the babies I raised from birth, they're each their own person, and that's more than fine. I had so much fun with them today. I've even started teaching them tricks. Stand to start with since I thought it would be easy for them to get the idea. Nibbler seems to be catching on especially fast.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
It's amazing how much progress you can make with your rats once the initial bonding happens and just how much fun it can be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts