Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a little mouse in my shed,and I picked up and took her 2 the house. But on the way, she/he bit me, and i was so surprised, I instinctively opened my hand and jumped, flinging the poor thing into gravel. I feel like I'm a killer now. I feel so terrible. Every time I think abt it I feel sick

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I read lumys post, and that reminded me...'oh, remember what happened a few days ago? Post it' thank u for the support!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I am so sorry. It was not your fault. But I would warn u never ever to pick up a wild animal and certainly not in your bare hands! They make safe traps u can use if u want to release it somewhere else. But I wouldnt try to take it inside, it is a wild animal.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You really should not pick up wild rodents with your bare hands. There are a lot of diseases that they carry that can affect humans and even more that could affect your rats. Sorry for playing internet mom, but as a microbiologist, I've seen some pretty scary things that people can get from animals.

Edit: Moonkissed beat me to the internet mom post lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, really. I'm a country girl and have picked up many a wild animal. I know I could get diseases, but I...I don't want to talk abt the bite and how I should have not jumped. It was a reflex. And she/he didn't break skin. I don't care is she/he did or didn't. I diserve it

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh honey the fact that you were able to pick it up suggests that it was weak and probably not going to make it anyways. It's alright, accidents happen. Try not to blame yourself.. Pm me if you want to talk about it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts