Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last three months my rats have averaged an escape time every two days. No matter what I do I can't fix this one. Now, I'm frustrated as **** and have two rats MIA ATM.

I've decided they just can't possibly come out again until a solution presents itself. I think I can downsize their cage and finagle it into the tiny restroom and free range them their but there will be no space for fun really. And I can't move them and such until next weekend.

Just feeling frustrated, upset, and guilty as all ****. I have to remind myself they love me and they don't mean anything by escaping but it doesn't help the feeling of being overwhelmed.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
As of right now, I'd say safety is more a priority than fun. I understand the guilt associated with keeping them in their cages when you just can't let them out, but if you can't safely let them out and get them all back in then I'd say fixing the problem is more important. My rats are wonderful at making me feel guilty about putting them back into cages after they've been roaming the office/bathroom for a few hours, but I can't safely have them out when I need to clean or when I need to be in and out of the office every few minutes. Just remember that while they may not understand why they have to be caged, you do, and it's for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts