Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I was running late for work and I quickly gave all the rats their antibiotics... But I completely forgot to check their bowls for pellets! I'm at work from 7:45am-4:15pm, and it takes me a little over an hour to get home. I'm sure they have a few pellets left since they rarely seem to finish them over night, but I'm not sure. There's not really anyone I can contact to check on them and feed them at the moment as all my friends are in school or working and my parents don't particularly enjoy rats. I feel so bad! I've never forgotten their food before.

· Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Don't worry about it. Whilst it's not something to do every day studies have shown that occasional periods with no food helps extend lifespan. I've done a day with none or half rations once a week or two for a while. Not only does it make sure they empty any stashes it does help keep them slim and active

· Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that makes me feel a bit better. Though, I have the feeling that Denna is going to be hoarding all the food for a while after this. Once, I was late by an hour and she started hoarding for weeks. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.