Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of the Fiesty Ferret Cage as a solution for those who would like a FN but can hardly fit it in their room and have females? It's a bit smaller than the FN and has smaller bar spacing. It has two full levels and two balconys. I would deck it out and add more shevles and tubes.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I thought about getting one of those instead of an FN since I have girls. I think it would be great if you add more shelves and hammocks and stuff for more room ^_^

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The bar spacing is only slightly smaller, and the doors don't open all the way, but it is cheaper, I suppose. :) And the apparent wire floors. :?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
There's only one door on each half, but I personally wouldn't mind that, since it would give more options for hanging stuff. And for my older girls, slightly smaller spacing would be small enough :) Wire floors are easily covered too, but I'm pretty sure the bottom one can be left off without any trouble, so it would only be a matter of covering the upper level. My only problem would be with the small shelves. I think if I had gotten that cage, I would have taken them out completely and made my own.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, the wire bottoom can be taken out leaving you with a nice deep pan. The second level wire can be easily covered. I think cleaning would still be very easy because the doors (even though there are only 2) are big.

I also dislike mainly the small shelves. But then again the shevles in the 695 im using arnt really big either.

I think the Feisty Ferret would be great once modified and I've been itching to have a cage I could get creative with. But I wanted opinions because not many people have it. Though the ones who do seem to love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts