Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I actually joined this forum today because my pet rat Luther just estounded me yesterday and I had to tell about it. He lives in his cage outside during the summer and yesterday morning I was half asleep and left his cage open when I put him in. All day I didn't know he was loose at all but next thing I know, it's 9pm and he's following me around inside the house?! I suspect he used my dogs door but I was just so surprised he didn't run away or get eaten. And even more estounded that he found his way inside to be with me.. 馃挄馃槷But here's my story: So my friend impulse bought my rat Luther. He was the sweetest guy in the cage and she automatically decided to get him while I was present. Unfortunately her family was refusing to have him and she was going to set him free or feed him to her friends pet snake. I kinda liked the guy so I told her I'd take care of him until she got her own place (which she planned to soon). Luther soon became extremely attached and loyal to me during the time he was with me... I'm not even sure how he learned his name but from that point he never stopped surprising me. When my friend Emily tried reuniting with him, Luther would just come and hang out with me, not interested in her at all. So Luther ended up staying in my custody Some situations that AMAZE me: He follows me around the house.He sits on my lap in long car rides to get his head pet (probably distracted driving but oh well).He was dropped outside by my 5 year old cousin by accident in a pile of bushes nowhere to be seen. But I called his name and he CAME UP TO MY FEET!He's so loyal and smart I can't even wrap my dead around it.

Registered
I wish my rats could do that, but I've got 2 rats from a terrible place that do not like to be touched that are 4 months old, then I've got 2 baby rats that are one month old who are little scurriers. When they're older I hope they'll settle down :)

Registered
That's awesome. My rats are only like that when there is a treat involved. ;)

Registered
My Rat, Stabler, follows me around the house all day. They are so amazing! And when i'm napping, he climbs the stairway and scoots under my doorway and climbs in bed with me to wake me up! Also, he's been chasing my dogs and cats around the house, they are totally afraid of him. Too funny!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts