Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my rat from a pet shop, it is a female rat, she is now about 13 weeks old but 8 when I got her.
when she arrived she was very scared(normal) but right from the start she was biting.she has had better and worst days,now when she is grown up her bites are really aggressive and bloody. I can feed her at the door from bare hand but I can't get her out of the cage. she goes right to the corner and is prepaired to attack.and it really hurts,she can go through 3 pair of gloves she bites so hard. it's very disheartning because the male rat I had several years ago was a very cuddly one and never bitten me once,I could pick him up any time from anywhere, he just wouldn't do anything. He was also a single rat like this one is.
I have read everything on the internet and don't know what to do.
tried to say no,try to eek,tried to put her back to the cage when she bitten,nothing seems to work now.Tried forced socialization.
she had few days when we thought she got better,she let us scoop her gently outside or even from the cage with bare hands.we were delighted,for the past few days she doesn't want to go out at all and is very sad to watch.I can leave the cage open and she woudl still sit in her shoe.
I don't think she is ill.she eats normally.
I'm afraid to bring new rat in because I quess she would kill it.
also i COULDN'T TAKE HER BACK BECAUSE IT WOULD BREAK MY HEART.
PLEASE HELP.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts