Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
petsmart price matches so if you can find a place online whose full-price is cheaper than petsmart's full-price, print the ad out and bring it in and they will honor it, so it's the same as buying without shipping! huzzah!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yes that's how I got my FN. Ferret.com was selling it for something like $160 while Petsmart was having a free shipping deal. So I called up Petsmart, got the price match, and got the free shipping. The only way to price match is by calling, they won't do it online or at the store.

I've also heard that it helps to call later at night, and if they won't give you free shipping to hang up and try again in a few hours. I had no troubles though.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Depends on who you you get on the phone (or in store). Fighting with them can get frustrating at times.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
they don't price-match instore? i used it instore on a 12" wheel once, but maybe cuz the ferret nation is so much more? and who do you call? the store, or the online store?

·
Registered
981 Posts
They won't pricematch with a website in-store. Maybe they will with ads for Petco and stuff though? I've never tried.

Let me be more specific. The PetSmart website will not pricematch another website unless you call them and ask for them to pricematch, in which case they will. Or should.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh it's been months now, Night! Where have you been?

I could take pictures, but it's fairly boring. I have no concept for matching colors or anything of that sort.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've heard of people who successfully got Petsmart to pricematch in-store with an online price. I think it depends on your Petsmart, and the person you're talking to that day. If there is a general policy about that, they don't seem to be very good about following it.

I would have tried the in-store pricematching but I've never been able to find FNs around here, so I just ordered it from ferret.com ^_^

·
Registered
358 Posts
o-o. Sounds like some tricky'ness there with Petsmart. I think Ill just get the one from the site. I now know Im going to get the 141. haha, but I'm still curious about the Feisty Ferret and how the **** do I cover them bars? Lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
cjshrader said:
Yes that's how I got my FN. Ferret.com was selling it for something like $160
I was just at PetSmart the other day and they were selling one for $159.99 in the store... but they said "clearance" on them, so maybe it's too late. :?

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's how I got my FN, the local Pets Unlimited (comparable to Petsmart) had two left they were selling for $144.50. Oddly enough, none of the other stores were having a sale on them, and they still carry them at full price... *shrugs*

·
Registered
981 Posts
rattikins said:
I was just at PetSmart the other day and they were selling one for $159.99 in the store... but they said "clearance" on them, so maybe it's too late. :?
That's a very nice price, rattikins. Whenever I checked they always had them for around $230. If someone attempts to pricematch a website in-store then let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
rattikins said:
cjshrader said:
Yes that's how I got my FN. Ferret.com was selling it for something like $160
Which Petsmart was that? I don't need another FN right now, but it's always good to know which ones carry FNs ^_^

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
cjshrader said:
Oh it's been months now, Night! Where have you been?

I could take pictures, but it's fairly boring. I have no concept for matching colors or anything of that sort.
Yes, take pics! I love seeing other people's FNs. I'm a cage ho, remember? :p

I bought my two FNs from local Petsmarts. The first one I paid full price for ($229) because I was way too excited and waaaay too impatient to order online and wait for it to arrive. For my second FN, I called Petsmart and asked if they price-matched online stores. They guy said yes, so I went ahead and printed out a bunch of pages from Ferret.com of stuff I wanted that Petsmart had. After going insane and nearly filling two carts, I got up to the register, give the girl my printed out pages, and she just stood there looking really, really confused. Then she says she can't price match anything since it's an online store.

I tell her about how I called earlier and someone said I could. A manager comes over to remedy the situation, and throws out a couple names of other store managers to help me remember who I spoke to. One immediately sounds familiar and she loudly sighs, "He's new. We'll price match this once, since he told you we did. I'm going to kick his ass..."

I saved $170 that day :lol:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh I'm well aware. I'll try to take some tomorrow after work, then, and I'll put them in the Meet My Rats section.

For my hard work of posting the pictures, I would appreciate some design tips and more fun things I could put in there!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hhmm, let's see..

+ lots (and lots) of hammocks
+ braided fleece ropes (I make them from scraps)
+ big, bright towels (@ Target for only $2.99!) for floors
+ plastic bird toys
+ bird ladders
+ different types of houses (igloos, chinchilla bath houses, Waffle Block houses, ferret play balls)
+ corner shelves
+ run-about balls (used for hanging beds!)
+ jingly balls
+ soda boxes
+ running wheel(s) (my personal favorite is Silent Spinners)
+ PVC tubes
+ hanging wire baskets
+ cute litter boxes
+ bird ropes/perches

Check out this album for more inspiration. I collect FN pictures ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts