Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just discovered this forum today, but I am very excited to have all of you as a resource as I delve into the exciting world of rats.

I'm looking into getting two rats, and so far I'm pretty drawn to the Ferret Nation cage. My main concern is that the bars will be too far apart for my young rats. Is there a simple solution for this, or should I consider getting a cage with better bar spacing? If so, which cage would be a good option?

Also, and I know this is the wrong forum for it, but does anyone know a good breeder in the Boston area that is accessible by public transportation? I haven't managed to find one after a few months of sporadic searching, although I found two rats for adoption on Craigslist.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you adopt your rats, they could be full grown, and may be able to go in the FN right away.
If you are looking to get a couple babies, you should def. get a smaller spaced cage. Martin's has a few that would work for a couple babies, but kinda pricey with shipping. But think of the fact that the small cage you get at now, can be used as a travel/sick/emergency cage later on :).

Sorry I have no advice on covering a whole cage with wire.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Star, I'll look into Martin cages immediately. Also, I'm definitely looking to get baby rats, or at least very young ones. Is there a Martin cage that is preferred?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I compulsively purchased the Martin R-680 (Rat Lodge) with the powder coat finish and a little travel cage to go with it. Thanks for the advice, now I just need to get some rats!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts