Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just in case anyone was wondering, if you have a Single Unit Critter Nation Cage and a Single Unit Ferret Nation Cage, you CAN assemble them on top of each other and make it a Double Ferret Critter Nation cage! I just did it myself. The only thing you have to do, is cut a few of the bars of the wire that separates the top from the bottom unit, so they can go from one unit to the other. I have a picture of the cages assembled on top of each other that I will add to this post. I will also add pictures of the piece I'm talking about cutting before and after I cut it and I'll add a picture of the finished product assembled and inside the cage once I'm done either tomorrow or in a couple of days.

This is just for informational purposes in case anyone was wondering, or runs into the same situation as I have, which is having 2 single units but wanting one double LOL

11880044_471397626372381_1317459702_n.jpg
It's kind of strange looking and takes time getting used to since the bars are different from top to bottom but it works! I paid $40 for the Critter Nation bottom and $90 for the Ferret Nation top. I think overall it was cheaper to do this, than to buy an add-on unit for either of the respective cages, and since I'm housing boys, the bar spacing on the top half doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm doing this, but the other way around. I have the SFN with wire mesh because one of my rats can fit through the bars and I ordered the Critter nation add on so I don't have to put wire mesh on it. I hope it works! Haha

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm doing this, but the other way around. I have the SFN with wire mesh because one of my rats can fit through the bars and I ordered the Critter nation add on so I don't have to put wire mesh on it. I hope it works! Haha
I honestly don't see why it wouldn't! And you'll have an easier time because yours is actually an add-on unit so the piece I'm going to have to cut will already come that way for you. Smart idea by the way! You should post a pic here when it's all put together! We can make a mis-matched cage thread! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts