Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a couple questions.

Is $112 good for a single level FN cage ??

Would it be ok for my 3 girls ??

How easy is it to line the bottom and shelf ?? ((as there is no tray))

Can you hang hammocks off the shelf?? ((is there mesh on the bottom))

If i buy it..How easy to set up ??

And anyone wanna buy a sav freddy 2 if i buy the FN??

·
Registered
549 Posts
You would need to keep the add-on on a table or the floor, there is a hole in the floor intended to allow the ratties to travel from cage to cage. You might be able to use the ladder but that might make the cage unstable.

For 112.99 + 6.99 shipping you can get the FN1 brand new with the bottom tray at ferret.com

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I was wondering because i saw an add on level on a discount site. £99 . It would be kept on a table anyway. I think the ladders lock up but im not sure. So if anyone has the add on could they tell me ??

·
Registered
997 Posts
There are little loops to hook a hammock up on the underside of the shelf(not mesh but little dips in the wire).
It'd be best to use binder clips(or alligator clips) to hold down a towel or blanket of fleece to line the tray and a litterbox with the litter.
As it's been said many times before, though, when females and small males are kept in the FN it should be covered in PVC/Powder-coated hardware cloth. A few of the FNs in the 'post your cage pics here' sticky show what I'm talking about.
It's recommended two people be present to put together the cage, and it's a lot easier with two people but possible with one(I didn't have too much trouble by myself).

Also, as a precaution, the cage is HEAVY. The 141 model, in the box, weighed about 50-80 pounds I'd guess. I had to use a dolly to bring it in the house. I really suggest you spend the extra bucks to the get 141 model with the wheels, it would make moving and cleaning it a lot easier.

·
Registered
730 Posts
BeanieBoo-Rattles said:
Ok a couple questions.

Is $112 good for a single level FN cage ??

Would it be ok for my 3 girls ??

How easy is it to line the bottom and shelf ?? ((as there is no tray))

Can you hang hammocks off the shelf?? ((is there mesh on the bottom))

If i buy it..How easy to set up ??

And anyone wanna buy a sav freddy 2 if i buy the FN??
There are trays for the levels ;)

You can hang hammockes off the shelf, yes. there are little places made just for the purpose.

See? :D

Half an FN can hold 6 rats, so your 3 girls should be fine. I actually have mine divided up right now with 4 in each section and there are no issues.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow your cage looks great. I am saving currently to get an FN =)

I hope mine will look as good. Where do you guys get all your fleece ?? I used my 2 kids old fleece sleeping bag liners lol

Just one lil question..someone said its quite heavy..I cant really get one on wheels as it is going on a "desk/shelf/thing" And it will be in my room up stairs...

Surely if its dismantled it wont be too bad to manouvre up the stairs ??

And are the setting up intructuins simple ?? ((im a bit slow lol))

·
Registered
421 Posts
Im not sure if you said you were buying online or not, but
I ve seent he ferret nation 141 model in a few different pet stores in the past several months and all of them where priced well under $100.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts