Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer some reassurance. My 2 boys have had a fight at some point today when I was at work, they were a bit tetchy with each other this morning but I thought they had calmed down. They have always been together and other than play fights nothing like this has ever happened. I'm going to try to get a vets appointment tomorrow but I'm worried he may get poorly over night. He is moving fine and has been out of the cage for treats. I have removed the hide from the cage that seemed to cause the argument this morning, and both boys r now asleep in the hammock together but I'm worried
Carnivore Finger Fawn Felidae Small to medium-sized cats

·
Registered
721 Posts
That looks like a bad gash
If it gets worse overnight and you're able to get a vet appointment tomorrow then it should be all fine as the doctor can address it. It's also likely that your rat has cleaned the wound himself which is really good for him to do. They have a natural peroxide in their saliva that kills most harmful bacteria. I think this will heal up just fine, maybe leaving behind a scar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a bad gash
If it gets worse overnight and you're able to get a vet appointment tomorrow then it should be all fine as the doctor can address it. It's also likely that your rat has cleaned the wound himself which is really good for him to do. They have a natural peroxide in their saliva that kills most harmful bacteria. I think this will heal up just fine, maybe leaving behind a scar
Thank you for your reply he seems fine this morning he's still moving well and stretching he came to the cage door for a treat this morning. I'll definitely call the vets this morning just to be safe though.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It's most likely too late for stitches, but as @_dizzy_ said, it should heal very well on it's own. As long as it says clean and he can tend to it, he'll be fine. They are such brutes sometimes, aren't they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's most likely too late for stitches, but as @_dizzy_ said, it should heal very well on it's own. As long as it says clean and he can tend to it, he'll be fine. They are such brutes sometimes, aren't they?
Well i got him to the vets just for peace of mind I'm now poor and rasta is having the biggest sulk of all time. Luckily they said the cut wasn't to deep they cleaned him up and said to keep an eye in him. Honestly they have had play fights but nothing like this and remy is usually my shy boy not the bully

1 - 5 of 5 Posts