Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have two male rats Ringo & Abbie, they're my first set of rats and they're about 4 months old. They're sweet little boys with very different personalities, i bought them together when they were about a month old. At first i was concerned that they might be fighting, sometimes one will squeak on its back and the other one will be hovering over them, yet it's a pretty mutual thing. Neither rat ever seems to be hurt, yet i did some research anyway and felt a little better when someone told me they were probably just playing or having 'petty arguments'. However, yesterday when i was gone, my family heard one of my rat's squeal very loud, so loud it woke someone up, and could be heard throughout the house. Abbie had a cut on his tail and blood on his forehead. I'm not sure what to do now, i would hate to separate them, i simply don't have the room for two cages, yet i don't want to make a homeless rat =(. And i wouldn't want for the other rat to have to live a solitary life ... any suggestions would be great . .thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok .. so after i posted this and looked around at every ones adorable little rats .. i just had to go play with my own .. And Ringo after he'd gotten bored exploring his surroundings started to try to hump Abbie.. a lot .. constantly .. and although Abbie never squealed he was constantly trying to get away and at one point rolled Ringo onto his back... maybe this helps .. i dunno what to do about them ..=/

·
Registered
219 Posts
If there wouldn´t be no blood, they were finding out who´s the boss.
My boys did it always when younger and sometimes it sounded as if one rat is being killed at the moment. They turned each othet on their backs, pursuited each other, stared at each other and squeeked loudly etc. That's normal.

Did that cut look lika a biting? Biting has normally got two cuts(for upper and lower teeth). If it's just a cut Abbie problabli injured himself of the other rat accidentally injured him with his nail.

I'we seen the real fight and thats absolutely something else. Rats are moving sideways and making loud sneezing voices and their hair is raised. And if they attack they look like a large hairball. That ends with one rat running and trying to escape, or one rat killed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooook .. i was hoping they'd be ok, they seem just fine every other time, i came in today to see them cuddling together =) thanks anyway if the situation progresses at all i'll come back searching for help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts