Rat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the plunge and sold all of my Wonder Woman and Storm (X-Men) figures and memorabilia. I was able to get a new GIGANTIC cage for my two ladies. It's an All Living Things Small Animal Home. 32"L x 20.75"W x 45.5"H No more tank! A lot of well-meaning people on this sight drove me to anxiety that I was slowly killing these two because of my poor housing choices. For the record, the tank never got smelly, moist, or moldy. My family thinks I went over the deep end because I was spouting all kinds of rat facts to them. Before anyone gets on to me, water off a ducks back. I don't take criticism lightly so that's my white elephant. Please, no remorse, all is good. I can't get the pictures to upload, so I'll try later...

·
Registered
64 Posts
What a great cage! Looks like they'll be having heaps of fun!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I can feel from here how much your girls mean to you!!! they are move loved than many rats and even though I ad viced you of other cage ideas, I never worried about their health in your care and figured you would either get them a more appropriate cage when you could or you would have them out in their nice play pen often enough to not worry.

The cage you got them is gorgeous with a ton of room! I bet they will love all that space.

I've always had a lot of pets, and my family has always known I'm a little nuts about all the critters care. ;)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That's an awesome cage!

·
Registered
918 Posts
So sweet of you, congratulations on your new cage! It looks perfect for them.

I agree with Mimsy I can feel it too.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Nice cage! You can probably take the ramps out.. Usually rats can climb the sides easily and ramps just take up room IMO. Also, I have a suggestion for something that I use that my rats LOVE. You can get these booda bendy perches (other brands make them too) they screw onto the sides of the cage and can be bent and placed whereever you want. I get the large width one that is 3' long and the rats love climbing on it.

Good luck with your new setup!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thats a awesome cage! I actually had that cage before getting the petco rat manor. I switched for personal physical reasons, but it was a awesome cage while i had it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That looks great! I love the Halloween theme you have going on! I decorated my cage for Halloween this year as well. I might post pictures later. The dollar store is a great source of rat-toy material because they chew through things so easily. Lol. I go there for all of my holiday theme materials. XD

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a awesome cage! I actually had that cage before getting the petco rat manor. I switched for personal physical reasons, but it was a awesome cage while i had it.
It was a chore to put together, but they seem to like it. I am going to try towels instead of the Aspen stuff. I will put a container with some of it to try and train them to use it as a litter box.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, putting it together was a real pain. I cussed a lot during the process lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's the same cage I plan on getting if my son wants a rat, too! Let me know how you like it! Re: the slippery ramps - I've seen people attach fleece and other materials to the ramps with binder clips to give it more traction. Just a thought. I've also seen people just take the ramps out alltogether and use the space for hammocks, dollar store baskets attached with zip ties, and whatnot.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the same cage I plan on getting if my son wants a rat, too! Let me know how you like it! Re: the slippery ramps - I've seen people attach fleece and other materials to the ramps with binder clips to give it more traction. Just a thought. I've also seen people just take the ramps out alltogether and use the space for hammocks, dollar store baskets attached with zip ties, and whatnot.
I kept he ramps in. The are slick, but the fuzzies still use them. I plan on some cool stuff because the bottom is really spacious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts