Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the FN cage (the BIIIIIG one LOL) and the one thing that worries me is the ramps. I dont want any rattie feet and/or legs getting hurt by getting caught between the bars.

This is what Im about to do, but before I do it, I wanted some feedback and/or advice:

I got some smooth particle type board cut at home depot to fit the ramps. I am covering the board in a vinyl shelf type paper to make it 'pee-proof' and then will use industrial strength velcro to attach the boards to the ramps. I chose the velco because of the ease in removing it to clean as needed, and also because I would hate to use a glue that could possibly be toxic to rats and not know until it was too late.

ANyway - thats what Im about to do unless I hear otherwise :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Some people just cover the ramps with a thick felt so there feet don't fall through, just a kinda lumpy ramp.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My boys don't have trouble with the ramps, but you could make a 'sleeve' of fabric and clip it at the top for them to walk on. Or you could replace the ramps with your own ramps, or staggered hammocks. :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've always left ramps uncovered, because they seem to be able to get up better when they can use it as kind of a ladder. I especially like the wire ramps in the FN because they're pretty steep, so I didn't want to cover them and make getting up and down more difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts