Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just got a notice from my apartments that they are testing fire alarms in the morning. Im not sure how long it lasts, but i wont be home. The alarm is located near my rats cage, is there anything i should do for them so theyre not so scared of the loud noise?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi guys. I just got a notice from my apartments that they are testing fire alarms in the morning. Im not sure how long it lasts, but i wont be home. The alarm is located near my rats cage, is there anything i should do for them so theyre not so scared of the loud noise?
I would just move the rats into a temporary cage for the morning and move the cage as far away from the alarm as possible. But if possible, I would take the rats out of the building during the testing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just move the rats into a temporary cage for the morning and move the cage as far away from the alarm as possible. But if possible, I would take the rats out of the building during the testing.
I wont be home do to work so i wont be able to take them out :( Ill move them into my closet. Hopefully itll be ok. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you did the right thing to put them in the closet. For now, I hope the rats are well, and they are not too scared. I can't even imagine what it was like for them there. I hope your stuff in the closet is okay too. But checking fire alarms is an essential part of their job. You want to be able to get out of the building in time in case of a fire. Then the fire department can get there quickly and help the fire go out. They are trained and interviewed for a long time and answer questions about this at Understanding Common Interview Questions For Firefighters. I think you'll find it helpful to learn about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts