Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have Toby who is nearly full grown but still young. He has been here now for 2 weeks in his huge cage so I got him a buddy (Ramy) on thursday night. Its been 3 days of having the two cages side by side for them to smell it out... I tried putting them both in my bathtub just now for 5-10 min. Ramy is about half the size of Toby.Ramy the smaller one was the more aggressive. He seemed to follow and almost chase toby around while Toby tried to lift and leg and step on Ramys head in the process haha.. Most half the time this happened with the other 50% of the time in there just doing their own thing. Mainly it was a lot of clawing (lightly) around the neck of the other rat and stepping on each other to get over. Nothing too malicious I seen (only two very very faint squeeks I heard the whole time). They are back in seperate cages again for now. Going to try again tomorrow in the tub and if all goes well, clean out the large main cage and move it all around so its like new and put them both in there.Am I doing this right? any suggestions?Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well they were great together on my bed for about 45 min while I cleaned and changed things around in the big cage..

They seem to be frantically checking things out and exploring a lot.. But they also once in a while start rolling around and almost play fighting it looks like. Nothing too sinister it seems.. kind of like how cats play fight. Is this OK? Are they just wound up from the new place? They both seem to be instigating it half and half

1 - 2 of 2 Posts