Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i go by both daisy and claire, i am 24 years old and got my two male rats, martin and otis 7 days ago yesterday. they are from petco unfortunately, i live in southern minnesota and there are no breeders less than 2 hours away (i don't drive). :( however, they seem to be doing very well. i was told they were 'a few' months old at the store. (their nads (particularly otis') are hilariously prominent, but i haven't gotten them on the scale yet so i can't tell you their weight. otis is quite a lot bigger in general and seems to be growing fast!) they were also housed with paper bedding rather than pine/cedar so i felt good about that.

litter-training is 90% complete, i'd say!

they have some sneezies but i'm hoping that will clear up. yesterday, day 7, i cleaned the whole cage (critter nation) and removed the carefresh i had been using as litter. right now there's just a few layers of paper towels in the litter boxes (beneath grates). i ordered yesterday's news and will put that in when it arrives in a few days.

hmm i suppose that's enough for one post, thanks for clicking! i look forward to reading and posting most here.

Rat Hamster Mouse Rodent Muridae

otis and martin <3

·
Registered
47 Posts
They are SO cute! I'm pretty new to the group myself as we just brought our girls home yesterday! I have heard great success stories with pet store rats so I wouldn't even think twice about it. Our only local breeder has a 35 person waiting list and we happen to find a nice couple that love rats that wanted to have babies with their two person pets and we chose to adopt two of those.. so ours aren't official "breeders" but seem healthy and have an awesome temperament! Best of luck to you and your new babies!

·
Registered
57 Posts
They are so cute! Welcome to the forum.
I got my boys a few days ago, too! I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun with them!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My daughter has three pet store rats. She has had them since aprilish this year. Other than one of them getting sick right after she brought them home, they have been healthy. They all have the most sweet dispositions, so loving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put my arm in the cage at the store a couple of times before bringing the home. they are certainly gentle little guys. <3

·
Registered
210 Posts
boys are on my list when all my girls pass , I have a breeder not to far from me and she says she has a hard time finding her boys a home everyone wants girls

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had 4 sweet boys come from the pet store. I did have one who was sick, but petco paid for him to go to the vet and get medicine. I took him home and nursed him to health. Now he's a big mommas boy who loves to play! Another one I had was the sweetest most gentle rat I have ever had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts