Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Looks good to me :) You have a lot more stuff in your cage than I do in my double Critter Nation 😄

What is the purple bowl on the cage door? Do you have a water bottle?

Don't feel that you have to have a souped up cage ready for the arrival of the rats. Add things over time as you learn what your rats like and remove things they don't like or want to destroy in seconds. Sure it's nice to have a fancy cage set up like you see on social media but rats honestly don't care what their cage looks like. They just want a safe place to live and an unlimited supply of food and water and toys to play with and people interaction :)

If you do want some ideas, you can check out Pintrest. You can also Google Image search for "pintrest rat cage" and get a ton of images.

· Registered
192 Posts
I missed seeing those bottles the first time 😄Two bottles is a good idea. I suggest checking the sipper tubes daily to make sure the ball valve inside isn't stuck. A tap or two until water comes out is plenty.

Rats are happy with anything shreddable as nesting material. Paper towels, store bought crinkle paper (I use this. Not sure if UK sells this or anything similar). old t shirts or towels that are no longer usable, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts