Rat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Dan, and I am a first time rat owner :D

My boyfriend has himself a fish tank with delightful fishies in it, but figured it was time for me to have something furry to love (though truth be told he is as in love with the rats as I am).

As I am typing this we are officially at the 24 hour mark for sharing our home with 3 little guys.

Two of the boys are 6 weeks old, white with cream markings on their backs and faces. They are named Gandolf and Toku. The lady we got the rats from also gave us an extra little guy because he is very closely bonded wth these two. He is 3 weeks old, all grey with a white belly, and his name is Hef. The older two are a little standoffish, but Hef is the rat without fear.

I have tons of questions to ask and pictures to share. I'm hoping to learn from these guys so I can give them the best lives possible, and join this wonderful community of rat-owned posters :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yaaaay! I'm excited! I'm Nikki ^_^ (In St.Catharines!!) Nice to know that someone close-ish loves ratties just as much as I do!! :D

I'd like to see pictures! (I too, have a rat named Gandalf! Bahaha!) I'd like to see lots and lots of pictures! :3

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will share pictures as soon as I am able to :) Hef is super easy to take pictures of. Gandalf and Toku are a little more camera shy.

And awesome to see another Ontario person around here :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
I will share pictures as soon as I am able to :) Hef is super easy to take pictures of. Gandalf and Toku are a little more camera shy.

:D Nice to meeeet you!

·
Registered
941 Posts

Are you a LOTR fan? I love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogy.:3

AR: (>^•^)>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woot more Ontario people! This fills me with joy.

And yeah, I'm a LotR fan. Which led me into being a D&D nerd for life :p

The boyfriend says his name shouldn't be Gandalf though... it should be Boromir because they have the same personality. I didn't take that very well.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've never gotten into the D&D stuff, although I've recently started playing Neverwinter on my One. Supposedly it's based off of it!

I wouldn't take that well either! However, I would take Boromir over Faramir if I had to choose between the two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aww, I can't wait to see pictures of them! <3

And, I got in to D&D a year ago by accident, but I definitely ended up liking it a lot. There's nothing funnier than having someone try to punch a door open and fail before you roll to knock and have it opened for you. x)

·
Registered
19 Posts
*waves from the West Coast

Love, love, love the names you have picked. Super cute! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts

*waves* Kingston, ON here!! Woo!! Hey!! Congrats on your new friends!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just saw this post and I am almost jumping with joy... JAMBY AND THE CREAMSICLES <3 I know it's an old thread but ahh Vertebrate Mammal Gerbil Rat Hamster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts