Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm new around here. I just recently purchased two dumbo rats from a local pet supplies store, where I work. I love them so much! When they first came, I was one of the first ones who started to socialize with them to get them used to human contact and as to be not-so-timid. Three came to us; two were all whits and the third was white with a brown hood that had some black to it. She went almost instantly. My two (the two white ones) have been there for a bit. I created such a bond with them that I've named them! Big mistake when it's not actually your pet... Yet! I kind of figured they would be hard to home because they are all white and in all honesty USUALLY when someone is looking for a small animal as a pet they are not looking for a rat (as they are terribly misunderstood creatures), and if they are, they are not looking for a white one. I, however, am very open-minded and know just how amazing rats are. I guess you can say I fell in love with those two. It broke my heart when I wasn't actually able to buy them right when I wanted to because I thought that if someone were to be interested in them, they would probably only buy one - and these two are sisters (litter mates), and they sleep together all the time. Not to mention the one is so timid and she would be lost without her sister. So, I was finally able to buy them and did it right away! I'm so happy that I was able to get them! I've affectionately named them Ana and Elsa - yes, after the Frozen characters, but I swear to you I am not obsessed with Frozen. I've named them so because they are both sisters (as Ana and Elsa) and they are white (Frozen was based off of The Snow Queen and snow is white after all!). I'm very satisfied with their names because their personalities match their names. Ana is very outgoing and very social (as the character in the movie) and Elsa is timid and not as social (as the character in the movie).

Anyway, enough about my incredibly awesome rats and let's get to my introduction.

As I've said, I work at a local pet supplies store. I'm a psychology major (I have my bachelor's and I am trying my best to prepare for the GRE's for grad school admission). I have a cat - her name is Tygra (I spell it Tigra) and yes I named her after the Thundercat. My boyfriend has a hamster, her name is Jeido Bushi (Jade Warrior). She is a Syrian hamster with the "panda bear" coat pattern - he named her in Japanese because of her panda bear coat but Panda's are actually native to China... Don't as why he did this, though her name is very fitting because she is a very awesome hamster ninja. :) He also has a cat named Cassidy. I'm 24 years old and I love to read books! My favorite most favorite book series is Nancy Drew: Mystery Series. I love collecting the first editions and earlier versions of the Nancy Drew books. I am also a fan of Evanescence and Halestorm. I am a collector of their albums and singles. I play piano- I've been playing off and on since I was 4. And, that's about all I can think of right now.

Well, it will be nice meeting all of you! :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
FROZENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN?!

Welcome, I'm tired.
I'm so happy for you and uh. Link pictures.
Welcome to the forum, it's lovely here. <3

·
Registered
105 Posts
So happy you were able to keep them together ^_^ I love white rats and their snowy coats, good name choices :D I haven't seen the movie but I can relate with how they fit their names. So excited for you!!
(& welcome of course!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! No, I don't want to build a snow man, it's almost May! XD Lol! I will upload pictures as soon as I can get some awesome ones! Haha! They need a little rat bath and their tails need cleaned, so, I'll need to do some research for that! Lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys! I got some cool pictures of my ratties! However, with the move and everything I have only been able to upload this one. I had to get a new desktop and I'm trying to keep the new one clean and with as much free space as possible, but I do have a laptop where all my ratties pictures that I've taken actually are. I may just go on an upload spree and show all the amazing stuff they do! Haha! But here they are: Ana (vertical) Elsa (horizontal).
Cage Red Tail Fur Rat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts