Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to keeping rats but have kept mice for years. Yesterday I got 3 does called Maisie, Bella and Lola. I am a bit concerned at how small they are to say I have brought them home. They are so tiny like the size of a fully grown mouse, maybe slightly bigger. Their fur hasnt properly come through yet, it is really fuzzy and you can see their skin. They are really skittish too.

Also has anyone got any tips on taming then as they are really really shy. I have a ferplast jenny so access is a pain:(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did they say how old they are? I recently got 4 baby males at 3weeks and their fur didn't look like that at all. They are 4 weeks now and small but growing fast. I'd honestly get them checked by a vet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are just over 5 weeks I think. I got them from a registered breeder and everything. They are a lot more playful within their new cage today than yesterday too. And they spend a lot of time grooming each other. Is this not normal though???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was the breeder selling them as hairless, double rex, patchwork, etc? If they are suppose to be completely furred, that does not look normal and they should have full fur coats by now.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I would think 3 weeks as well. But maybe they are just extra small.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts