Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neera's having another flare-up. I just recently moved rooms, so they're both getting acclimated to their new environment, but Dela's taking it a lot better. I hear a very occasional sneeze from Dela, but Neera's getting worse again. I started nebulizing her again today. She'd still been sneezing before, but it remained at a stable rate, but it's just gotten worse now. What else should I do for her? I've used Baytril and Sulfamethoxazole Suspension on her respiratory infections and both sort of work but she just won't stop sneezing. Nebulizing seemed to do the trick pretty well, but it stresses her out a lot.

Should I just continue with the nebulizing, since that seems most effective, and hope to see improvement soon? I hate seeing my baby looking so sick. I don't hear anything in her lungs when I rat-phoned her, and she's otherwise completely healthy. She eats and drinks just fine and acts like her normal self, but she's having these awful sneezes. Any input at all?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sneezes aren't that huge of a warning sign. It's completely normal for rats to sneeze, even sneeze a lot, since most have the mycoplasma. It's something you can't really control.

It's good that you're helping to treat it, but if she's having no noisy breathing or anything, I'd say don't worry so much. I only worry about my rats when they have noisy frequent breathing, or stop acting like themselves. If the only symptom of myco she's having is sneezing you should feel lucky. Sounds like you are doing plenty for her.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Thank you. I just worry because the sneezing became harder and more frequent. I'll keep nebulizing her and see if that helps her to fight back some. <3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts