Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW I haven't been here in awhile! Sorry, guys! :D

So, I made a few fleece ropes and I really have no idea what to do with them. Anyone spare a picture or two of ropes in use? Or have suggestions?

Also, my mother is scared Romi is underweight. I keep telling her Romi is just fine(in fact has a little gut on her), but my mom is my stubborn mom. She's resorted to feeding the rats extra when I'm not there and I fear she will overfeed them. I could lock my door but she has a key hidden somewhere. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
What is she feeding them? Their food or their treats?

If it's their food I wouldn't worry too much.

Why does she think she's underweight? Could you reference her to rat guide to show her the proper weights for a female?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the regular food.

When my mom holds Romi she feels all over and thinks her ribs poke out(they don't, you can just barely feel them under the skin). I dunnow, I think my mom is just being paranoid and I'm being possessive. I don't like it when other people feed my rats. xD

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah, if it's just regular food I don't think it'll be a problem. I free-feed my rats, and none of them are overweight at all.

As for the ropes, I just hang them in my cage. Usually from back to front, or from the side to under one of the shelves - my rats just ignore them though :roll:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i have two fleece ropes in my cage. one hangs from the top of the cage to the opening to the next level, and the other hangs from front to back on one of the lower levels. my girls ignore them for the most part, although there are signs of nibbling...

·
Registered
447 Posts
I always noticed people like to use the ropes in the place of ladders.
EX. When shelves are involved ropes can be hung to help the ratties
climb there way to the next floor. On wired cages my ratties climb the bars. most people get ropes and then there rats just ignore them.

If u want ur rats to actually use the ropes hang them like u would a bridge so they can climb across the rope to get from a shelf to a hammock. : )

·
Registered
549 Posts
Schmea said:
http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-3761534dt.jpg ,
I believe they're called Nut Knot Nibblers or something like that. I have one in my rat cage and one in my chin cage. Both are adored, I highly recommend them

as far as the ropes, I have one made of heavy fabric braided together, the boys use it to get from the top of their igloo into their hammock (usually more often when getting out) some times they just sit on it

·
Registered
130 Posts
My girls love their fleece ropes. A lot of the time they sit on them to eat one even uses it to sleep on. Dont ask me why :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts