Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been thinking about changing from my current bedding, which is vinyl tiles, to something more absorbent and softer on the feet. I'm deciding between bath mats or fleece, but I have never used either so i'm wondering the pros and cons of each. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I use both currently. Bath mat pros: easy, you just throw it in and call it a day, washer safe, extremely absorbant. Cons: chewers will destroy them, after a while there seems to be a lingering pee smell after washing, takes up more room both for storage and washing. Fleece pros: extremely cheap if you know where to get it, all kinds of prints if you're into that, easy to cut up for baskets (can also be used after it's been chewed for baskets), easy to cut to size. Cons: rats are more likely to pull it up if you clip it down, you have to double it up or put something under it if you have plastic pans, seems more likely to be chewed than mats. I bought the cheapest bath mats and cut them to fit my shelves then covered them in fleece. In my boys' DFN I just put the mats down in the pans (though they didn't quite cover everything).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use fleece. The pros of fleece is that you don't have to spend a lot of money on bedding each year, and yes it is absorbent. The cons of it is hat you need to spot clean it every day and if has to be changed every 4-5 days or it get smelly. I don't know about bath rugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts