Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at petsmart today and I saw the gorgeous Ferret Nation (i think im in love, it's soo nice. ) it's the double level one, I'm not sure what model number or anything. It was 299$$
:p I really want to get it, but since my dad is helping me build an amazing huge cage I don't want to because it will really hurt his feelings and be a huge waste of money. :p
Maybe for my mom's house....:)
I have two questions though-one, the bar spacing seems HUGE to me, my rat's could easily get out...is this just because they aren't finished growing? and if so then if they ever had a litter (No I am not planning on breeding them anytime, just thinking here) couldn't the babies get out?
and two is are they more expensive that that online with shipping? I could check myself but just if anyone knows. :p
thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The bar spacing is 1 inch by 5 inch. It's fine for bigger females and big/older males, but for young rats or small females, you'll need to cover it with hardware wire.

No, ferret.com has a great price on them, with $7 flat shipping on all items. Total, it's about $170, which is obviously a huge savings. For some reason, Petsmart charges out the wazoo for the FN.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok. that would kind of suck...having to cover it with hardware wire, especially after paying 170..or 177 for it so I guess there's no point in me getting it, unless my rats put on a few pounds.
lmfao wazoo. xD aha that made me laugh . Yah they tend to overprice everything there.
thanks so much :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts