Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen my girls chase each other around,pin each other down and start grooming hard enough to make the recipatant squeak. Why? Is it a dominance thing?

If anyone could help explain this for me I'd be most greatfull. :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yep, power grooming is a dominance thing. :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Power grooming".....nice name. :) I just wasn't positive because they all do it... :roll:

·
Registered
928 Posts
roobs is always power grooming cody, cody seems 2 enjoy it he just lays there wiv his eyes shut then wen roobs is done he follows him :p

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whiskers that's a cool Avey and the pic of Penelope is SOOOO CUTE!!!! :p

Also I'm a little concerned about the "power grooming" my girls are doing. I'ts really rough and they sometimes keep me up at night....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sky14 said:
Whiskers that's a cool Avey and the pic of Penelope is SOOOO CUTE!!!! :p

Also I'm a little concerned about the "power grooming" my girls are doing. I'ts really rough and they sometimes keep me up at night....
[align=center]Thank you! :mrgreen:

And about the power grooming thing....How rough is it if they keep you up at night? :eek: [/align]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
or how light a sleeper are you? i can normally here my rats bouncing around in their cage all night long because i'm that light a sleeper but i just trained myself to ignore those noises and stay asleep. took some time though.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not that I'm a light sleeper I'm just the opposite! Once I'm asleep you can't wake me up for nothin!!! :wink: 8) But I have trouble getting to sleep. I fall asleep without noticing but I still have trouble getting to sleep....

And about how rough they are.... They bounce around squeakin and wrestling so much I can hear them in OUTSIDE through the CLOSED window! 8O

1 - 9 of 9 Posts