Rat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
We gave one of our boys the title 'Dr' after he repeatedly and vigorously inspected sensitive body parts and openings including but not limited to: mouths, ears, belly buttons, groins, arm pits. He does not seem to be looking for anything specific either, he just likes doing check ups! haha. Our other boy Elijah loves my mouth. He will try to split my lips open with his sharp little claws and it is quite a fun activity constantly dragging him away. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh geez. Bigby's other favorite "inspection sites" are bellybuttons and groins (as if this thread didn't have enough unintentional innuendos). This morning I almost squished him in my arm because he suddenly and violently rammed his head into my armpit, making me jerk at the unwanted tickles. And a few days ago he was sitting on a family member's shoulder when he shoved his head into their ear. Needless to say it was hilarious and we laughed our heads off at the reaction.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yes, the ear thing is quite funny - unless it is time for my weekly ear check up then I squeal and cry like a baby. Having a rat's tiny snout inside your ear is the strangest sensation ever. :) Now that Dr Klaus is getting bigger, he does not attempt it as much.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Actually, on the topic of trying to crawl inside places they shouldn't, my girlfriend can't wear short-shorts when playing with Nibbles...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Okay well the only time I washed their feet for stepping in poop was because it was smelly diarrhea from too much corn! I don't wash their feet all the time and I will let them crawl all over me but their claws still scratch me a lot and it itches and people said I'm allergic to their pee maybe??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lol. Omg, all these comments.

Kari was really bad about that when I first got her, so her small self could easily fit into my mouth. XD

She's been really good until trying again today (when it's been a good few weeks). But always, always going for the kisses and spit. Haha.

My little sister is always upset about the wet-willies. Haha.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, on the topic of trying to crawl inside places they shouldn't, my girlfriend can't wear short-shorts when playing with Nibbles...
My ladies crawled in my shorts today, it was quite a shock and I didn't like it at all lol...

They like my mouth, too, they sniff, nibble and lick my lips but it hasn't gone any further than that. Your story makes me want to brush my teeth every time before I play with them or at least some mouthwash lol!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Honestly, although his claws were hurting my gums slightly, I was cracking up the whole time he was licking my teeth, it was super cute. It did gross out my girlfriend though. As for the shorts, I don't think it was the shorts themselves he was trying to climb inside, they were just in the way...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Haha, I didn't want to say it outright, but yes, Bigby is also obsessed with my crotch, as is one of my little girls Midna (not nearly as much as Bigby though). There has been one or two (or ten) times when I've had them out with no pants on (usually at 3am) and he just won't leave me alone. I'm like, whoa Bigby, I love you and all, but I'm not ready for this. Lol no but really, I usually just distract him with a toy or food and he normally forgets about me. :s

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
All my friends and family are absolutely disgusted that I let my rats clean my teeth and dig around in my mouth! I'm like, I know exactly what they're eating, and I know what they're pooping out, and I have to say it's probably a lot cleaner than human poop, and we touch human poop every day when we come into contact with public places. If I have food, two rats will dig in my mouth while the others use that as a distraction so they can help themselves to my plate. Funny though, I hate it when dogs lick my mouth. They have bad breath and it's all warm and slimy and I can't stand it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Honestly, although his claws were hurting my gums slightly, I was cracking up the whole time he was licking my teeth, it was super cute. It did gross out my girlfriend though. As for the shorts, I don't think it was the shorts themselves he was trying to climb inside, they were just in the way...
Hehee! Yeah, it's the shorts that were in the way. Well, just like animals, we too have our hormones and smells and clearly our Ratties can smell it. Dogs also do that allot. My mom had a dog that always had to jump up and smell everyone's bum when they came to visit. Her aiming was so precise....

·
Registered
952 Posts
I recently changed dentists myself from a licensed orthadontist to Kaboose. Lol ok not really but Kaboose is obsessed with cleaning my teeth and lips. Im kinda allergic to their pee so i dont let him do it often as my lips sweel up pretty bad at times when he negelcts personal hygiene but for the most part my lips just itch a little when he is done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few minutes ago I had a rather intense standoff with Ezio (my difficult screamer). After all those scratches and struggles, I decided to take out Bigby to end the night on a good note. Bigby is OBSESSED with grooming me. He licks, nibbles, sorts out, rearranges, and caresses every part of me. It's always quite adorable, and I absolutely love having a cuddly little boy who wants nothing but to be with me. However, just now, I took him out and leaned down to give him kisses. Lately he's been obsessed with my mouth, and has tried multiple times to lick inside my lips/tongue. However, this time he quite literally forced himself inside my mouth. It hurt. A lot. With his front paws, he pulled down my bottom lip (SHARP CLAWS ON SOFT GUMS), then rammed his head between my teeth. Once my mouth was slightly open, he just forced himself in. My tongue went up in protest, so his claws raked the soft flesh underneath. Because my tongue was up, he couldn't get past, but with the intensity he was going at, I don't doubt he would've tried going further down my throat. The whole time his claws were clawing and grabbing my cheeks/gums, which hurt very much, and he was furiously licking everything that he could. This all happened within 3 seconds or so. Then he did it again, and I had to put him back because he kept pulling down my lip. It wasn't even having to do with the smell of my mouth-- I've eaten and then played with the rats many times and he's never been this... violently affectionate? Lol it's certainly not biggest problem ever, but it took me so off guard. Why the heck would he so forcefully invade my mouth and attempt to go down my throat? Is this a plot to choke me? Hahaha.
You sound like a gamer to me. My son is named Ezio.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts