Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really loved to see my rats who formerly(before my ownership and love) in a tank with no toys, now in big cages with all the toys they can ask for(and more than they ask for). At first, they hid, too scared and not knowin how to play, how to roam, how to love, and mostly, how to even be a true rat. Now they play!! they love, they cause massive amounts of trouble!

Their latest toy they stole is string!!! Because Lately duchess and Victoria have been chewin on all their hangin toys.. they chewed down their hammock 3 times in one day. So after retying it i accidently left the roll of string up on their cage. I wake up and look in. String all over, untied, and messy. I took the string but they got the tube it was on! and Duchess is thrilled!

Anybody else love seein that transformation! i get so happy seein them as rats!

·
Registered
353 Posts
isnt it great, seeing the transformation from scared, shy little creatures to true mistcheif making (as in trouble making, not baby making....lol) rats..... or any animal for that matter....the first hamster i ever got was given to me by my sisters friend because they were moving and didnt want to take him.....you should have seen the state of his cage...it was one of those ones with the flat plastic base and solid plastic cage part that just snap together like an upside down tupperware container or something......it had chew holes all through it, with aol cds taped over the holes, the bedding was dirty newspaper...he came with a box of tubes but none of them were being used on his cage, it was basicly a one room apartment..... no lofts, no tubes going anyhere, no treats or toys....... i got him home and almost right away got him a brand new cage and treats and toys and real bedding and a new water bottle, and a new name (dude).....the transformation was wonderful.....the saqme thing with 2 of the 3 rats i have... they were from a petshop and the people who got them said they fought, so they gave me the bigger one.....and then later the other one was biting when they tried to take him out of his cage and they gave him to me too..... within a week they were friends, and neither of them tried to bite me once........the dove that someone gave to me is so much more people friendly since i got him, he still doesnt like being shoved in peoples faces, but neither would i.......i love to see the transformations, it shows me that i really am making a differance

·
Registered
520 Posts
I love watching their personalities develop when they get the opportunity to flourish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts