Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my rats were sickened recently when the kitchen was remodeled. The construction kicked up a lot of sawdust, plus they used epoxies to tile the walls, and I think all those fumes and dust made my rats ill. My oldest one developed pneumonia and had to be put to sleep :( I brought my 2 surviving rats to the doc, because they were both sneezy - one of them seemed very subdued and had a poor appetite.

The doc prescribed an antibiotic, plus this stuff called Heal-X, an immune booster. It's made from red palm fruit and it's orange and oily. They get 1ml each day, and it has made an amazing difference! They are like strong, healthy rats now! The sick one is showing no symptoms of illness, and her appetite is great. Is their improvement from the antibiotic or from the immune booster? I'm not sure, but I've never seen THIS kind of improvement from an antibiotic alone.

I read that this product is often used for birds, dogs, cats, or any exotic. I started giving a small amount (a dab on the end of my finger) to my favorite cat who used to be feral. He has recurring skin problems around his eye and ears, and sometimes gets scabs on his chin - he's just itchy and scratches himself until he bleeds. Well, after a week of licking this orange immune booster off my finger, his skin is perfect. All the swollen areas have gone down and he's not scratching. Wow!

Has anyone else here used Heal-X? Apparently it also suppresses tumor growth in rats. It's truly wonderful stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Definitely going to order since no matter what I do URI always seems to come back in my boys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
In the link Akarah posted it shows a lot of stuff, do you know which one you used?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I got some a bit ago and was going to use it as a daily immune booster but give my ears coconut oil instead and they are all really healthy so I just keep it in case one gets sick or has some red on their nose I'll give them some & I haven't really had anyone get sick since I got it so I can't say how well it works but I've heard only good things from what I could find online :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Yours sounds different than mine though? It's not orange, though I've seen that in a video review on YouTube.
I have these wax-like pellets that I have to crush up and put in yogurt or something.
This is the bottle I have & a photo of the pellets
Blue Electric blue Violet Material property Technology Skin Hail
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
I was actually thinking about buying this a year ago, but when I asked my vet about it they did not know anything about it. I was not sure if it worked well for rats. I might have to give this a try since you said it works out really well for your rats, especially since I have two elderly rats now.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top