Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I work at a pet store and four babies got dropped off yesterday!

I don't have rats but my brother has two that I gave him for christmas in 05 which is why I joined this forum. I have guinea pigs, a bunny, lizard, tarantula .

But I couldn't resist these four little babies. They're (supposedly) two weeks old. Their mommy accidently got eaten by the families pet snake. The guy who owns them all had the mommy out with him while he was playing video games and his wife took the snake out and the rat saw the snake and ran toward it. His wife didn't know he had the rat out. :(

So I couldn't separate them, they're all boys.

I've been giving them lab block and these little multi-vitamin treats. They've also been nibbling pieces of carrot.

I was afraid that they hadn't finished feeding off of the mother so I bought some milk replacer at the store I work at and they LOVE it. I've been feeding it to them by a bottle.

Heres a pic!

·
Registered
69 Posts
aawwwwwww!!! shame about the mother..... Good luck to raising them!! :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) Thanks. I've been hand feeding them last night and this morning. Its so cute they'll be trying to get out of the basket and running on me for about ten minutes then they'll get all puckered out and go back in the basket for a nap. Then come out to look for the bottle :)

I'm still working on naming them. I've named three of them so far, Tommy, Sebastian, and Frankie. I can't think of a name for the last little guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts