Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been watching Freakshow on Netflix, it's about a Venice Beach Freakshow that has the largest collection of two headed animals in the world. I believe they have a two headed rat and I keep seeing corners of what I think is it's cage and it really pisses me off. The cage is too small and completely empty. No toys, no nothing. Please someone more knowledgeable tell me I'm wrong and they are not subjecting this poor animal to these conditions, I did some google searches and found nothing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Any tv or movie that uses animals has to have the aspca on site to make sure they're being treated well. Also, it's a set. That's not where it lives. There's an animal handler that owns the animals, trains and works with them and then loan them to the set while, if needed, giving the animal cues off screen. But there's always a rep from an animal advocacy group there to observe. Don't worry.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I know what show you're talking about, I haven't seen that episode though. From what I gathered from the few episodes I watched is that the Freakshow wasn't made for TV or anything it's a real place/act whatever you want to call it, so yeah I don't think they'd have an animal handler

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
It's probably like a circus. They come out in small barren cages for us to ooh and aww over but live in larger habitats (not that circuses are the best example just the first to mind). It's probably to prevent what happens at zoos, paying all that money but finding the animals sleeping in a hidden place.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Actually the rat has one head and two bodies.. It kinda sucks for the little guy because the other body just drags as it walks around.. But the cage that it's kept in is WAY to small.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the rat has one head and two bodies.. It kinda sucks for the little guy because the other body just drags as it walks around.. But the cage that it's kept in is WAY to small.
And BARREN! Poor thing has no toys and it just makes me so angry. They have all these animals and I do believe they see vets when necessary but they don't seem to really pay attention to habitat and environment. Yes they are clinically healthy and are a live, but their mental wellness does not see to be taken into account. I want to write them a strongly worded email....

·
Registered
479 Posts
There is a chance they make the cages more barren for filming/show. If you want them to be seen, for some animals, then a less cluttered cage is your best option. I know half the time it's hard to find our 10 girls cause they like to burrow and snuggle under piles of their own making. An email inquiring might not be a bad idea but I wouldn't have high hopes that they would read it or respond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.