Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taco, Pancake, Waffle and Phyllis are now free roaming with Cirrus, Orion and Atlas. Overall I think it's going well!

Free Roam day 3: Everything started fine, then the girls started causing trouble. Taco had her nose up Cirrus' butt, wouldn't leave him alone. Then it was Phyllis, all over him. Not sure why he's so attractive to the ladies lol. He got annoyed and puffy and started butt-swinging, but she kept at him. She pinned him and wouldn't let him up and he got really mad, flipped her over and held her down firmly. I turned my head for a moment and heard a very loud and pain-filled SQUEAK! And there's Phyllis, still on her back, Cirrus on top of her. I broke it up and he ran off, and Phyllis just looked at me like "Whatdya do that for?" Seriously, just stared at me for the longest time before I shooed her off.

I saw a couple of other pinning's; Waffle and Taco on Atlas, Pancake and Phyllis on Orion. Nothing bad, no puffing or biting, just an occasional faint squeak of 'get off me', but they were definitely starting to show who’s boss in this territory, like” My mischief was here first!”. Luckily there doesn’t seem to be any challenges or retaliation. Everyone moved on, and they played follow the leader and foraged for seeds. Cirrus found a Brazil nut, and that became a football. Everyone wanted it 😅

After about 1.5 hours, everyone took a nap. They were ready to back to their cages, having been well worn out from their adventures 😊

Rats are fascinating little creatures, I love watching them and learning their behaviors. They teach me so much ;)

Reactions: Friendshipy

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added a small pond pump to the water bowl. Phyllis looooooves water!!

Reactions: Fofo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts