Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to free roam my girls in a area that I made out of some high cardboard boxes (kind of like a playpen). It's pretty big, and I don't feel comfortable letting them free in my room because it's not completely rat proofed. Whenever I try to place them in there, one of my girls gets very anxious, even with me sitting there with them and will immediately try to climb me to get out. I can tell she doesn't like it. I tried to put several hiding spaces. They are completely fine running around on my bed throughout the blankets, but I'd rather not have them there for playtime, at least not all the time. How do I get her accustomed to the space? Should I put blankets down to emulate the bed? Is it because it's on the ground and not higher up? Need some advice

·
Registered
952 Posts
You could try to put blankets and more stuff for them to explore in the playpen but rats are super curious animals and love to escape whatever you put them in. I'd say your rats are just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Super Moderator
213 Posts
They need some hidey spots I reckon, I have a few upturned cardboard bxoes with holes cut into them placed around my room for the boys to hide in, they've started stashing snacks in them!
Bear in mind cardboard is easily bypassed for a rattie :)

I have rat proofed my room as I prefer to just let them run around free in it, they particularly like having a den behind the cage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts