Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My rat Squo is about 2 and big fat cuddly guy. His preferred activities are sleeping, eating, and getting cuddles. He's perfectly happy but sometimes I feel like I'd like to give him some more activities to enjoy. I've tried many of the toys and activities people have suggested but neither he nor his brother have been into any of them. Digging boxes, chew toys, even things to tear open for treats. Squo is just too lazy! The only thing I've found that he likes is to build nests out of brown packing paper, which I relocate for him every night before bed so he'll have something to do at night lol. I try to space out his healthy treats throughout the day to give him little surprises when I catch him awake. Other than that, he just sleeps haha. Does anyone have any ideas for lazy guys like him who just want to eat and sleep? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I had a senior girl who was like this... I just used to roll paper into balls and every night give it to her to tear up and build nests. It's noisy and messy but at least it's something .... Lol... Just keep giving packing paper

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had a little boy years ago just like that too. I did the same thing as well. I'd put the paper in different places and in different things. Sometimes I folded it all up so he had to get it all apart. You can take it and fold it into a box shape then tie it with a little sisal, which can make it more interesting to take apart. Fold up a bunch and punch a hole through the center and tie to the top of the cage (or just twist it up and then tie it up there), or someplace that will be a bit of work to get it all. Shove it into a paper roll-like tp or paper towel rolls. If you do a few of the tubes you can then put each tube in a different location making him do some exploration for it. My dude would use the cardboard that I hid things in as well as part of the nesting material. A cardboard box takes time to rip into suitable nesting pieces. :p

My old boy I used to have like that would spend all night if necessary making the nest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts