Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't let my boys free range in my house until my roommates leave because I need to drag all of the furniture out of the way and rat proof part of the basement. So in the meantime I made them a little play area that's set up on an old pingpong table. I included a box, a "fishing for peas" area, a dig box that has some sunflower seeds mixed in with soil, some ping pong balls and a little shelving set that I filled with some shredded toilet paper. So far they have enjoyed the little shelves, the dig box, and snacking on the peas (although they don't want to go in the water so I have to feed them!)

Does anyone have suggestions for encouraging the rats to get the peas from the water on their own? :)

IMG_2316.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
How adorable! That is a very creative idea. I made my girls a play area on my table for a bit before I let them free range in my room. They loved it. For the peas, I started out putting very little water in the dish and then just adding more once they got the hang of it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Fantastic! Water takes time. Some rats will never like it, but if they want those peas badly enough they will stick their hands in and grab some, lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't they ever jump off? I can't get my girls to stay on tables no matter how entertaining it is >< they just grab what they like and take it with them... Even though the distance is far, they'll jump x.x I'm so afraid they'll hit the ground wrong and get hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts