Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I thought it would be fun if Gus wrote a song!

I have a music studio set up in conjunction with my computer, and whatever is played on the (piano-style) keyboard is recorded into the computer.

I set the "instrument" to "pizzacato strings." (This is the sound of violins, but when the strings are being plucked. Short, sharp little sounds.)

I hit the "record" button, and let Gus walk on the keys.

He wrote about three measures of music; I used some tools to make the measures repeat, and, a couple of times, to move one note up by an octave, but basically, he "wrote" the whole thing himself. It's a short tune, but...it sounds like him! :)

There's no end to the fun you can have with a rat!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, now this music thing has really taken off. We've "expanded."

To those of you who are familiar with classical music, we wrote something called, "Rat Sonatina In Three Movements."

To those of you who are ~not~ familiar with classical music, we wrote a piece of music, with three parts that have pauses in between. The three parts are very different from one another, but it's meant to be played as a set.

I can't play it for you, but I can tell you what we wrote.

MVMT 1. "Run, Jump, Play!" - by Gus
MVMT 2. "Gregor Sleeping" - by Mommy
MVMT 3. "The Last Word" - by Gus And Mommy

On #3, "The Last Word," Gus and I are playing along together. I'll bet you can figure out who plays the last note, and therefore has "the last word." :lol:

BTW, these pieces are very short, but after all...they need to be suited to the attention span of a young rat. Older rats with more musical training ought to look into Mozart. ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it on a cassette tape (OLD SCHOOL) right now. I'm going to ask some techy people if they know what I can do to share it with other people via computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts