Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that one of my girls smells extra funky lately and their poop smells badly too. Anything I can to help this?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I give them lots of greens. I feed them spring mix, kale, strawberries, mushed banana, chia seeds, flax seeds, pearled barley, frozen peas, etc.

I only feed them a big amount once a day and give a little snack a few times which can be a piece of carrot or celery which is bite sized. They do get treats also, half a cheerio, 1/4 of a yogourt treat or half a baby puff.

Mind you, I don't give them all of this food during the span of a day. It's just to give an idea of what they're eating when they do get fresh foods.

Their lab blocks are "Martins" mouse and rat food as well as Oxbow's regal rat. They have unlimited access to both of these and don't go overboard eating it.

However, they've both been on Baytril and other meds to help with Myco so I don't know if that's effecting it or not.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They've also been getting eggs with chia, flax and barley seeds mixed in but that was moreso when they first started taking their meds to keep their weight the same and just because they adore eggs.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
depending on there age i would cut back a bit on the veg and egg plus the martins stuff. To much protien and fiber can lead to whiffy poos and rats and it also isn't great for them long term. It's a balancing act you want to give then what they need but no more

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one in October and another in November.

So should I just give them the lab blocks and a few little pieces of fresh food just at night?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts